Electrical Engineer - Power Station
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Power Station|
|Salary:||£43350 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||April 19, 2016 17:41|
Electrical Supervisor - Power Station
£43,350 plus benefits
We're currently recruiting an Electrical Engineer/Supervisor to join an Energy from Waste Power Station in the London area. Energy from Waste is currently one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK's power industry offering secure, lengthy and challenging careers with great opportunities for development.
What you will be doing...
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager you will be responsible for leading and supervising teams of electrical technicians in the repairs, maintenance, installation and commissioning of all electrical assets across the power station. Typical duties will include:
- Identifying plant and process related problems and arranging manpower and materials to carry out necessary repairs, maintenance, installation and commissioning on all electrical and instrumentation plant
- Supervising the day to day work within the E&I department, providing technical support to all plant, equipment and personnel
- Coordinating and supervising contractors in line with internal and external standards and legislation to ensure quality and safety controls
- Carrying out risk assessments and method statements for maintenance tasks
- When required, assisting in the design of appropriate equipment and solutions to electrical and electronic issues
- You will be expected to deputise for the Electrical Engineering Manager in their absence.
What you will need...
- Ideally an HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline.
- Experience working with control systems including PLC equipment (ideally Allen Bradley), AC drives, HV equipment and distribution systems.
- Extensive experience is expected in the maintenance of power or other heavy process plants such as petrochemical, refinery or pharmaceutical
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, guidance and systems
What's in it for you...
- A salary of £43,350
- Benefits including pension and holiday
- Generous overtime rates
- A chance to work in the growing energy from waste industry
How to apply...
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station
£55000.00 per annum
Planning Engineer - CHP Power Station
EC&I Technician - EFW Power Station
Birmingham, West Midlands
£38000 - £40000 per annum + pension, bonus
Multi Skilled Technician - Power Station
Newhaven, East Sussex
£40000 per annum + pension, OT
Production Operator - Biomass Power Station
£21000 - £30000 per annum