Electrical Engineer (nights) - Waste Processing - up to 38k
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer (nights) - Waste Processing - up to 38k|
|Salary:||£36000.00 - £38000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||September 01, 2017 09:45|
JOB TITLE: Electrical Maintenance Engineers (nights) - Waste Processing - up to £38k
SALARY: Up to £38,000, plus overtime and benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our client on their Waste Processing Facility over in Basildon.
Our client is an International Recycling and Resource Management company, operating over 200 specialist treatment plants worldwide. Their new plant in Basildon is a fully operational Mechanical Biological Treatment facility processing residential waste from Essex. You will be working nights from 6pm to 6am on a 2-week rotating night shift pattern.
The position will see you working within the plant Maintenance team, where you will be responsible for the planned and reactive electrical maintenance on the processing plant, adhering to strict health and safety procedures at all times. You will be required to produce reports, weekly and monthly and document all work carried out in the Maintenance log. You will also provide guidance to fellow Maintenance Assistants and Maintenance apprentices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To attend and address equipment breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- To plan and carry out planned preventative Maintenance on all plant and equipment aiming to achieve maximum plant availability, with zero unplanned down time.
- Supervise the daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections.
- Conduct safety compliance inspections and maintain records.
- Ensure that programmed work is completed on time to the satisfaction of business requirement.
- Working to health and safety, environmental other standards as they apply to the process.
- Maintaining standard operating procedures as required.
- Use radio frequency equipment as required.
- Manage external buildings/service maintenance contracts (pat testing, fire alarms, compressor etc.)
- Develop/document training material to facilitate transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Effective and economical control of critical spares for all key processes.
- Experience of working with engineering drawings.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance.
- Adhere to safe working practice and procedures including and not limited to lockout, tag out, confined space and working at heights, etc.
Past experience required will include:
In order to be considered for this Electrical Maintenance Engineer position, you will need to have proven experience in a similar role and hold a relevant electrical engineering qualification (apprenticeship / HNC / HNC / NVQ / City & Guilds etc.) along with having 17th Edition.
You will need to be able to demonstrate electrical fault finding and diagnostics and have prior knowledge working on PLC's and have a solid understanding of DCS / SCADA systems.
Working as part of the Maintenance team past knowledge on a MBT / Recycling / Material Processing / FMCG / etc. would be advantageous. Although Electrically biased a good working knowledge and day to day dealing with Mechanical equipment is essential.
The plant consists of specialist equipment including conveyors, inverters, compactors, shredders, trommels, optical sorting equipment, Eddy current separators, motors, gearboxes, hydraulic and pneumatic kit. Therefore prior knowledge working on this type of equipment would be most helpful.
With a predominantly electrical background, combined with a basic mechanical understanding you will need to be able to demonstrate formal training ideally at Engineering Apprenticeship level (or equivalent time served experience). Candidates qualified to City & Guilds/NVQ level 3 or recognised engineering qualifications would be preferred. 17th Edition is essential.
You'll have worked in maintenance engineering / technician roles in manufacturing and production engineering environment.
There is an excellent Salary plus benefits package including overtime for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288214 and speak to Chris Jones for a confidential chat on this exciting opening.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Development Engineer - South East - Up to £38k
South East England, England
£33000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Senior Process Engineer - Glass Recycling - North - Up to 60k
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Car and full package
Landfill Gas Manager - Sheffield - Up to £30k plus car
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Car and pension
Operations Manager - Waste Management - Berkshire
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Car & Bonus
Electrical Technician - North London - £35.5k - Days
North London, London
£35000 - £35600 per annum