|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste|
|Contact Name:||Becki Saunders|
|Job Published:||August 7, 2019|
Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste
£48,000 - £57,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join the maintenance department of a large energy from waste power station in the Cheshire area. This plant processes 850,000 tonnes of waste per year and generates up to 70MW of electricity, which is exported to the national grid, enough to power over 80,000 homes.
Reporting to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager, as the Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of a team of Electrical Technicians who are responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical equipment including switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc.
- Supervising and directing contractors
· Management of the electrical maintenance workshop
- Ensuring the CMMS is updated and utilised to its full potential
- Carrying out risk assessments to ensure all maintenance activities are carried out with the highest regard for health and safety
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A recognised qualification in electrical engineering at HNC level or higher
- Knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc.
- Experience in a heavy process environment such as power generation, pharmaceutical, chemical, steel, paper mill etc. Electrically biased Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered (PO level or above)
- Supervisory or team leader experience in the electrical engineering field
- Experience working with computerised maintenance management systems
- Experience working on HV equipment 11kv and above
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Electrical Engineer vacancy as follows:
- A salary of up to £57,000 depending on experience
- Overtime available at 1.5 x
- Bonus of up to 10%
- Company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector on a state-of-the-art plant
How do I apply...
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 214 and ask to speak with Becki Saunders who can discuss more information with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.