Electrical Engineer - CCGT Power Station (12 month contract)
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - CCGT Power Station (12 month contract)|
|Start Date:||Jan 2017|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2016 15:05|
Electrical Engineer - Power Station - CCGT (12 month contract)
Competitive day rate
Our client owns and operates the largest CHP in Europe producing 1200MW of electricity whilst at the same time providing process steam utilised by local refineries. Using CCGT technology the plant is one of the most efficient in the country and consists of gas turbines, HRSG boilers, steam turbines, generators, water treatment plant, cooling systems, pumps, motors, compressors and much more.
The station requires an Electrical Engineer on a contract basis to assist with outage work, maintenance support and small projects across the plant
Reporting in to the Engineering Manager, duties will include:
- Working with the engineering team offering outage and maintenance support across all electrical systems on site
- Project and plant upgrade work
- Developing maintenance strategy documents and procedures
- Maintaining accurate records on the sites CMMS
Ideally candidates applying for this vacancy should:
- Be degree qualified in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Extensive practical knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV systems, switchgear, motors, transformers, generators etc.
- At least 7 years of experience gained in the heavy engineering industry (petrochem, refinery etc), ideally power generation
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
This role offers a competitive day rate of pay. Further info can be obtained on request.
To apply for this vacancy, or for more information, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 and ask for Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Engineer - Power Station (EFW)
£52000 - £56000 per annum + bonus, pension
Mechanical Engineer - CHP Power Station
Electrical Engineer - Combined Heat and Power
Up to £38000.00 per annum + Pension and Overtime
Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Environmental Technician - New Power Station
£28000 - £30000 per annum + pension