|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - CCGT Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2019|
Electrical Engineer - CCGT Power Station
South West England
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join the Engineering & Maintenance Department of one of the UK's most efficient CCGT Power Station's, located in Devon. This station has a generating capacity of 885MW comprised of two Gas Turbines (Alstom GT26) and one Steam Turbine in a multi-shaft configuration.
Under a new owner, this plant is part of a fleet produced 22GW of Heat & Power across Europe and has four assets in the United Kingdom.
What will I be doing?
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing support and guidance on the integrity of all Electrical equipment on site which includes Generators, Transformers, Switchgear and Automatic Voltage Regulators.
- Developing and achieving the long term electrical engineering strategy.
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all electrical engineering activities in a safe and efficient manner ensuring compliance with H&S, DSEAR and relevant legislation
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Leading, planning and assisting projects including Major Outages / Shutdowns
- Assist with budget planning as part of the five year business plan, including managing the electrical budget.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does the role require?
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally a Degree in an electrical / electronic engineering field however applicants with HNC/HND/ONC will also be considered.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in an industry such as Power Generation, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas etc. Electrical Engineers from the Marine Engineering sector would also be considered.
- Senior Authorised Person / SAP status / HV Competent
- Five years experience in maintaining Electrical Plant and providing support on asset integrity
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- Benefits Package including a performance related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.