|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Biomass Power Station|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2018|
Electrical Engineer - Biomass Power Station
Up to £50,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to work at a biomass CHP plant in the Fife area in Scotland. The Electrical Engineer will provide engineering, maintenance and operational support to the site in order to help it achieve its production and availability targets. This is one of the largest biomass plants in the UK generating around 50MW of electricity.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Site Manager typical duties will include:
- Ensuring the effective implementation of plant asset management strategies to meet the sites long term commercial objectives
- Providing technical expertise and assistance to ensure the correct standard of engineering is applied to all aspects of operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Provide technical support and personnel development within the field of electrical/C&I engineering across the station.
- Directing and managing site technicians as well as remaining "hands on" when required
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all electrical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Plan and organise maintenance activities utilising the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Develop and support projects to improve the performance of the site
What experience does role require?
In order to be considered for this opportunity, it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical engineering qualification in electrical engineering or similar at HND/HNC/ONC level
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy process industry e.g. power generation, EFW, biomass, refining, pharmaceutical etc.
- Ideally experience of HV faults, diagnosis and remediation
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive basic salary up to £50,000
- A performance related bonus up to 10%
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH
- Private healthcare
- A company pension
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.