|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer|
|Location:||East London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £36000.00 per annum + Overtime + Pension|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2018|
Electrical Engineer - CHP
Up to £36,000 + Benefits
Astute are looking for an Electrical Engineer working days on a CHP providing Heat & Cooling solutions across two energy centres.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for taking part in the reactive and preventative maintenance strategy on site, covering two facilities which provide 46.5MW of heating and 16MW of cooling to local homes and businesses.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, as the Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on electrical assets including motors, transformers, switchgear, drives etc.
- Carry out fault finding, diagnosis and investigation of control systems to support the day to day operations of the plant
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Supervising any contractors on site
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum Level 3 City and Guilds or NVQ in relevant electrical engineering discipline
- 17th Edition qualification
- Maintenance experience on heat pumps, steam boilers and HVAC equipment from a process environment such as CHP, Utilities, Site Services, Power Station etc.
- Health and Safety knowledge including Permit to Work, Risk Assessment and Isolations are desirable
- Knowledge of high voltage equipment would be beneficial
- Driving license is essential
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary up to £36,000
- Benefits package including pension and overtime
- Opportunity to work on a district heating scheme/CHP across two sites
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 222 963 and ask to speak to Zubair Ahmed who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.