Electrical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Electrical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Smith|
|Job Published:||June 16, 2016 09:22|
Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: £45,000 + package
My client is looking to strengthen their Design team with an Electrical Design Engineer. You will provide superior quality Engineering Design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts. In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce electrical design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract. You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
- Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements the Sub-Programme Mandates.
- Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively. The term 'cost' is to embrace all costs associated with the design and the subsequent construction of the design. To be cost effective the whole out turn cost of the design solution must be considered including design time costs, material costs, erection costs and any impact that the design solution might have on other disciplines.
- Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible
- Produce outline electrical, instrumentation and control design on contracts
- Attend internal design meetings
- Liaise with other design disciplines
- Liaise with Network Operating Companies (NOC's)
- Ensure the Company Procedures are fully implemented
- Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors meet the requirements of the specification
- Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors are in accordance with all appropriate
- Champion Electrical design health and Safety.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all staff.
- Implement latest H & S regulations and legislation.
- Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject
- Appreciation of automated control systems based on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Telemetry
- Process instrumentation experience
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations
- Knowledge of power distribution systems and associated calculations. Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the electrical and ICA elements in the design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
- Experience of all stages of the project life cycle including feasibility & conceptual design, option appraisal and whole life costing, value engineering, detailed design, generation of contract specifications, tender appraisal and contractor management along with experience of plant inspection, testing, commissioning and handover.
- Knowledge of industry practice and legislation in Health & Safety is essential including client delivery management risk assessments, HAZOPs, and hazardous area reviews.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, then please call Mark Smith on 02392 222 964 or send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's