|Job Title:||Electrical & Controls Engineer (Design) - CHP|
|Location:||Crawley, West Sussex|
|Salary:||£38000 - £40000 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||September 6, 2019|
Electrical & Controls Engineer (Design) - CHP
Crawley, West Sussex
£40,000 + + Bonus
We are recruiting for an Electrical & Controls Engineer to produce electrical and control design packages to enable the successful installation, commissioning work, operation and maintenance of CHP units across the country. You will be covering a wide range of projects across manufacturing plants, schools and hospitals ranging from 70kW up to 4MW in electrical generation. The ideal candidate will be based near Crawley in West Sussex and have experience with design packages such as AutoCAD 2D/3D.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Electrical & Controls Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Producing project specific electrical designs relating to power generation and industrial installations. This includes earthing systems, LV panels, MCC panels and CHP control panels.
- Develop conceptual designs in to turnkey projects to meet the specifications of secured orders
- Working with the design team to provide consultative design support and converting the final design in to installation project work
- Liaise with Mechanical Design Engineers in identifying the project requirements
- Support and assist in the sales stage of a project taking responsibility for ensuring that conceptual design and tender preparation documents are provided in accordance with required timescales
- Support Project Managers when required during the installation phase through commissioning and testing
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An HNC / HND / Degree level qualification in an electrical or controls related discipline
- A solid understanding of all aspects of Combined Heat and Power (CHP) industry
- Experience with design packages, ideally AutoCAD 2D/3D
- Working knowledge of high voltage electrical systems
- A full UK driving licence is essential for this role
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A basic salary up to £40,000
- A performance related bonus
- A company pension
- 25 days holiday + BH
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.