|Job Title:||ElectricaI Technician - Power Station|
|Salary:||£37000 - £37925.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2019|
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Circa £38,000 + benefits
We are recruiting an Electrical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a relatively new energy from waste power station near Kidderminster. This plant combusts 200,000 tonnes of municipal waste per year and produces in excess of 16MW to export to the national grid. The Electrical Technician will play an integral part in ensuring the facilities electrical systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all Electrical assets across the plant. Typical duties will include:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on electrical assets including motors, transformers, switchgear, drives and HV/LV plant
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely and within environmental parameters of the power station
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
What you will need…
- A recognised electrical engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry e.g. power station, pharmaceutical plant, steels works, paper mill, manufacturing etc.
- An HNC / ONC / NVQ or equivalent in either electrical engineering would be preferable
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience maintaining electrical plant including motors, switchgear, transformers, drives
- Practical knowledge of maintenance procedures and processes associated with heavy process industries
What's in it for you…
- A salary up to circa £38,000
- Overtime paid at a rate of 1.5x
- A company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW industry on a relatively new facility
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.