|Job Title:||EICA Engineer|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Samantha Lancashire|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2018 11:07|
12 Month Contract
Circa £320 Per Day, Limited Company Rate
Our Client is a leading provider of waste and energy management services.
An opportunity is available to join our Client on a long-term contract basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for all the EICA aspects on water treatment projects. This will include low voltage switchgear and motor control centres, electrical installation, control systems, operator interfaces and process instrumentation.
- Technical aspects for the procurement of MCC, cabling, systems integration, process instrumentation, electrical equipment and process plant equipment
- Producing load and instrument schedules, equipment specifications etc.
- Understanding and developing the requirements of the process design following consultation internally and externally to produce software user requirements specification
- Ensuring information is available to subcontractors for their design to be completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Reviewing subcontractor drawings and specifications against Client and Company specifications
- Detailed checking of documentation: schematics, cable schedules, functional design specifications, HMI mimics etc.
- Providing EICA input into design activities by other disciplines
- Conducting detailed technical bid evaluations of quotations prior to placement of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Reporting internally on EICA aspects against budget and programme
- Liaising with customers and end users as required
- Conducting FATs for switchboard, MCC and PLC/HMI software
- Carrying out inspections and tests for electrical equipment and miscellaneous plant equipment
- Responsible for EICA design aspects of installation and commissioning
- Site visits for meetings with Clients, site team and for occasional installation and commissioning supervision
- Assisting with EICA aspects of tenders, including preparation of specification, schedules and drawings for enquiries and for assessment of returned quotations
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Engineering Qualification (Degree or HND) or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
- Experience of working in a similar role within the UK Water industry
- Application of BS7671 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- Excellent communication skills with experience of dealing with Suppliers, Customers, Project Managers etc.
- Experience of using MS Office packages (Word, Excel)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong Health and Safety awareness
- Knowledge of using cable sizing software, PLC programming software and business communications software e.g. Profibus, Ethernet would be desirable but not essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous experience of high voltage distribution would be useful for certain projects
If you are interested in finding out more, you can call Samantha on 02393 910026 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's