|Job Title:||Effluent Treatment Chemist|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||July 27, 2017|
JOB TITLE Effluent Treatment Chemist
LOCATION Fawley, Southampton
SALARY Competitive salary & great benefits package
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They are looking to recruit an Effluent Treatment Chemist to join their team in Fawley near Southampton.
As the Effluent Treatment Chemist, your role will be to ensure effluent quality by control and optimisation of the effluent treatment and gas cleaning plants. To be fully conversant with the site storage philosophy for the provision of technical chemical advice for Shift Managers and the Emergency Services. This will be a shift role - 24/7 rolling shift 12 hour shift pattern 07:00 to 19:00 and 19:00 to 07:00
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Sampling and analysis of aqueous effluent and other site water using the techniques described in the Company's Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Undertake analysis and monitoring of cooling tower water quality and associated chemical dosing reporting any problems to Operational Management.
- To perform routine checks of the ETP plant and process reporting any defects to the Shift Manager.
- To perform all duties in accordance with Legislative requirements and the Company's objectives, maintaining and improving performance in the areas of Safety, Quality and Environment.
- Comply with all EPR permit and COMAH safety report conditions.
- Regular monitoring and calibration of gas cleaning plant pH probes as well as providing first line maintenance.
- To maximise substitution rates of virgin chemicals with paying waste.
- Housekeeping in accordance with the site housekeeping procedure.
- Report all incident and/or injuries on site according to the Accident and Injury Reporting Procedure. Ensure any injured personnel are provided with adequate first aid treatment.
- Liaise with Emergency Services during an incident and provide technical information relating to waste materials on site (COMAH requirement).
- To analyse waste skips prior to release from site when required.
- To undertake compatibility testing when required.
- To analyse bulk tanks prior to processing when required.
Other Essential Skills:
- Positive "can do" attitude.
- FLT trained.
- Computer literate.
- IOSH managing safely desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of COSHH - ability to assess potential safety/environmental/plant impact of processing hazardous waste.
- Knowledge of H&S and Environmental legislation as related to the Company's activities.
Competitive salary plus great benefits package including discretionary bonus, pension, death in service scheme.
If you would like apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.