|Job Title:||EC&I Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||November 2, 2018|
E,C&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
South East London
Salary up to £45,000 + excellent benefits
We are recruiting for 2 Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technicians to join the maintenance department of a well-established energy from waste power station in South London. This plant processes roughly 420,000 tonnes of waste per year and generates enough power to supply 48,000 local homes. The EC&I Technicians will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical and C&I related equipment to minimise plant downtime.
Reporting in to the EC&I Engineer, your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Assisting the EC&I Engineer with the planning and execution of EC&I related maintenance activities
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to maximise plant availability including fans, pumps, motors, automation systems, PLCs, switchgear and HV/LV plant
- Supervise and manage on site contractors.
- Ensuring all maintenance reports and logs are kept up to date via the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Liaise with operations staff and other maintenance technicians as required
- Following all safe systems of work including carrying out risk assessments and issuing permits.
To be considered for this role it's important you meet certain criteria which includes:
- A relevant technical qualification at HNC / ONC level or equivalent in electrical / control engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of post-apprenticeship experience in EC&I maintenance in a heavy process environment such as power generation, chemical plant, paper mill, manufacturing, refinery etc.
- Experience with installation, commissioning and maintaining control systems (DCS/SCADA/PLC) and Instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, level) as well as motors, drives, pumps and switchgear
- A good understanding of health and safety processes and procedures associated with a large power plant / process facility
Salary and benefits
- A salary up to circa £45,000
- A company pension
- A performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday
- Overtime / TOIL
- A chance to join the growing energy from waste sector
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV and a brief cover note to the email below or please call the office and ask to speak to Steve Utton.
Office Number: 02392 288 215
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.