EC&I Technician - West Yorkshire - EFW
|Job Title:||EC&I Technician - West Yorkshire - EFW|
|Salary:||£40000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2017 08:53|
EC&I Technician - Power Plant (Energy from Waste)
£40,000 + Benefits
40hr Week - 7:30am - 16:00pm Mon - Fri + Overtime
We are recruiting for an Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician to join an advanced Energy from Waste Plant in West Yorkshire Area. You will play a lead role in supporting the management of the sites maintenance through; routine maintenance, fault finding and diagnosis on all electrical, control and instrumentation equipment around the Energy from Waste Plant ensuring the plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency and to ensure downtime is minimised. This is a good opportunity for someone looking to develop a strong and stable career within the power industry.
As an EC&I Technician, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Documenting, reporting and performing on all maintenance, calibration, installation, repair and fault diagnosis on equipment including; electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Repairing, inspecting and maintaining on different types of LV apparatus, control equipment and electrical plant whilst continuously developing and improving the plant and the apparatus as appropriate.
- Using the company's Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to maintain files including logs and drawings for all instrumentation, control and electrical equipment. You must have an exceptional understanding of EC&I drawings and diagrams such as; signal loop and wiring etc.
- Liaise with and supervise all suppliers/ contractors carrying out EC&I tasks and projects to ensure company compliance.
- Good housekeeping of the workshop and other working areas to ensure consistent tidiness and safety around the plant.
- Ensuring all company Health, Safety & Environmental regulations and procedures are adhered to at all times. You will maintain the company's CEMS (Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems)
Skill and Knowledge Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Technician vacancy, candidates should have:
- Engineering Apprentice/ HNC or an equivalent qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- At least 3 years within the Power/ heavy process industry, working on plants such as; CCGT, CHP, EfW, Biomass, Gasification, Papermill or similar.
- Exceptional knowledge of all maintenance practices associated with electrical control systems.
- Good experience with control systems such as; PLC & SCADA/DCS
- Understanding of CEMS & environmental legislations.
- Must be computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants with experience of HV (High Voltage) apparatus would be a bonus.
Our client offers a great deal of benefits if you were selected to be the new EC&I Technician.
- Salary of £40,000
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 BH
- Company Pension Scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please call the office for more information on the number below and ask to speak with Olivia Naylor. Additionally, please send your most up to date CV to the email below.
T: 02392 288 208
Please note; candidates must have the Right to Work in the UK and we will only accept Indefinite Leave to Remain Visas.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Control & Instrumentation Technician - EFW Power Station
£32000 - £34500 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Electrical Technician x 2 - EFW Power Station
£36000 - £37500 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Electrical Field Service Technician
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 per annum
Electro Mechanical Technician
£35000.00 per annum
Mechanical Engine Technician
Rochdale, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000.00 per annum + Vehicle & Benefits