EC&I Technician - Power Station
|Job Title:||EC&I Technician - Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Jane Walsh|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 12:19|
Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station
Competitive salary on offer + generous benefits package
North East Lincolnshire
We are currently recruiting for an EC&I Technician to work at a large gas fired CHP plant in North East Lincolnshire. This plant has the capacity to produce around 1200MW of electricity whilst at the same time providing process steam utilised by local refineries. The EC&I Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work around the facility on all EC&I assets.
Reporting in to the EC&I Engineer duties will include:
- Assisting the with the planning and execution of EC&I related projects
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to maximise plant availability including pressure, level, temperature and flow sensors and control systems (DCS, PLCs)
- Supervise and manage on site contractors.
- Undertake outage support during shutdowns from defect identification through planning to successful implementation
- Ensuring all maintenance reports and logs are kept up to date via the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Following all safe systems of work including carrying out risk assessments and issuing permits.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role we are looking for candidates with the following:
- A time served apprenticeship with an HNC in electrical/electronic engineering, measurement & control or similar and have served
- Excellent technical knowledge of PLC, DCS, Instrumentation and some electrical systems
- At least 5 years of maintenance experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. power station, chemical plant, refinery, steel works etc
- Some experience with planning and scoping works with the ability to complete small projects
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
Salary and benefits
- A competitive basic salary
- A performance related bonus
- A company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH
- Additional benefits
Further details of the package can be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02393 910 039 and speak to Jane.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
bonus + benefits
Mechanical Technician - New Power Station
£38000 - £38200 per annum + bonus, pension
Shift Operations Technician - CCGT Power Station
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
Mechanical Maintenance Technician - CCGT Power Station
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Mechanical Engineer (Rotating Plant) - Power Station
£50000 - £60000 per annum