|Job Title:||EC&I Technician - Power Station|
|Location:||Carrington, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Becki Saunders|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2019|
EC&I Technician - CCGT Power Station
Up to £41,000 + overtime + callout + bonus + pension
Astute Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Technician to join a highly efficient 880MW gas-fired combined cycle power plant situated just outside Manchester. Utilising the latest technology, this plant powers more than a million homes and businesses in the Greater Manchester area. The EC&I Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on electrical systems and C&I assets around the power station.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting in to the EC&I Maintenance Team Leader your duties will include:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to ensure efficient operation of the site and to maximise plant availability. This includes pressure, temperature, flow and level transmitters as well as DCS and PLC control systems.
- Electrical maintenance work on motors, switchgear, generators etc would also be required
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC equipment
- Supervising and directing contractors
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assisting in plant shutdowns and outages
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
- Assist in an out of hours call system for 1 in 5 weeks
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a ONC/HNC/HND in electrical or C&I engineering
- At least 4 years' experience in EC&I maintenance, in a heavy process environment/sector (e.g. power station, chemical plant, paper mill, refinery, steel works etc).
- Experience with control systems (DCS, SCADA, PLC's) and instrumentation (flow, pressure, temperature, level etc) equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of HV/LV electrical systems
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH
- A flexible approach to working hours as you are required to be on call 1 in 5 weeks
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary between £36,000 and £41,000, depending on experience
- Generous overtime rates
- On-call allowance (one in five weeks)
- Performance-related bonus
- Company pension
- Opportunity to join one of the most efficient CCGT plants in the country
If you are interested in this rare opportunity and would like to be considered for the role, please send your CV to Becki at email@example.com or phone on 02392 288 214 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.