|Job Title:||EC&I Technician - Power Generation|
|Location:||Harrogate, North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£36000 - £36720.00 per annum + pension, OT|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019|
E,C&I Technician x 2 - Power Station
Salary up to £36,720 + call out + OT
We are recruiting for 2 Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technicians to join the maintenance department of a recently commissioned energy from waste power station in North Yorkshire The EC&I Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on all electrical and C&I related equipment to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum. This is a great opportunity to join a new facility in the early stages of its life cycle.
Reporting in to the Maintenance Manager, your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager with the planning and execution of EC&I related maintenance activities
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to maximise plant availability including fans, pumps, motors, automation systems, PLCs, switchgear and HV/LV plant
- Supervise and manage on site contractors.
- Ensuring all maintenance reports and logs are kept up to date via the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Liaise with operations staff and other maintenance technicians as required
- Following all safe systems of work including carrying out risk assessments and issuing permits.
To be considered for this role it's important you meet certain criteria which includes:
- A relevant technical qualification at HNC / ONC level or equivalent in electrical / control engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of post-apprenticeship experience in EC&I maintenance in a heavy process environment such as power generation, chemical plant, paper mill, manufacturing, refinery etc.
- Experience with installation, commissioning and maintaining control systems (DCS/SCADA/PLC) and Instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, level) as well as motors, drives, pumps and switchgear
- A good understanding of health and safety processes and procedures associated with a large power plant / process facility
What is in it for you...
This successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary up to £36,720
- 24 days holiday + 8 BHs
- A contributory pension
This is a day role, Monday to Friday. However, you will need a flexible approach to working routines as you may have to work outside of these hours during outage periods etc.
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.