EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
|Job Title:||EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Location:||East Sussex, England|
|Salary:||£42000 - £44000 per annum + pension, overtime|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||June 02, 2017 17:10|
E,C&I Technician - Energy from Waste
£44,000 + benefits
40hr Week - 8:30am - 5:00pm Mon - Fri + Overtime
We are recruiting for an Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician to join an Energy from Waste plant in the East Sussex area. You will play a lead role in supporting the management of the sites maintenance through; routine maintenance, fault finding and diagnosis on all electrical, control and instrumentation equipment around the facility ensuring the plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency and to ensure downtime is minimised. This is a good opportunity for someone looking to develop a strong and stable career within the growing EFW sector.
As the E,C&I Technician, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Documenting, reporting and performing on all maintenance, calibration, installation, repair and fault diagnosis on equipment including; electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Repairing, inspecting and maintaining on different types of LV apparatus, control equipment and electrical plant whilst continuously developing and improving the plant and the apparatus as appropriate.
- Using the company's Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to maintain files including logs and drawings for all instrumentation, control and electrical equipment. You must have an exceptional understanding of EC&I drawings and diagrams such as; signal loop and wiring etc.
- Liaise with and supervise all suppliers/ contractors carrying out EC&I tasks and projects to ensure company compliance.
- Good housekeeping of the workshop and other working areas to ensure consistent tidiness and safety around the plant.
- Ensuring all company Health, Safety & Environmental regulations and procedures are adhered to at all times. You will maintain the company's CEMS (Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems)
Skill and Knowledge Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Technician vacancy, candidates should have:
- An HNC or an equivalent qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline, ideally electrical or electronic engineering
- At least 5 years within the Power/ heavy process industry, working on plants such as; CCGT, CHP, EfW, Biomass, Gasification, Papermill or similar.
- Exceptional knowledge of all maintenance practices associated with electrical systems (transformers, switchgear, motors), control systems (DCS, PLCs) and instrumentation (pressure, flow, temperature, level etc)
- Understanding of CEMS & environmental legislations.
- Must be computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our client offers a great deal of benefits for this EC&I Technician vacancy:
- Salary of £44,000
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 BH
- Company Pension Scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please call the office for more information on the number below and ask to speak with Steve Utton. Additionally, please send your most up to date CV to the email below.
T: 02392 288 215
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
East Lothian, Scotland
£47000 - £48000 per annum + bonus, pension
Multi Skilled Technician - Energy from Waste
West Yorkshire, England
£37000 per annum + pension
Electro Mechanical Technician - Energy From Waste
East Sussex, England
Mechanical Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
Dunbar, East Lothian
£34000.00 per annum
Shift Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
Belfast, County Antrim
£28000 - £30000.00 per annum + Shift Pay + Benefits