|Job Title:||EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2018|
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
Up to £35,000 + Benefits
We're looking for an EC&I Technician to join the maintenance department of an Energy from Waste plant located in Nottingham. This is an excellent opportunity with great career development opportunities over the coming years as they're looking to expand the plant with a new EfW producing 14MW of power.
Our Waste Management client operates a plant in Nottinghamshire which incinerates municipal waste to generate steam which is then piped to a nearby site with a steam turbine, generating energy from waste. There are plans to expand this site in the coming years through the addition of a third line with its own turbine to generate an additional 14MW of energy.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Electrical Maintenance Team Leader as the EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all electrical, controls and instrumentation assets across the station
- Fault finding/maintaining electrical systems, instrumentation (pressure, temperature, level & flow) and control systems
- Calibrating instrumentation
- Programming the sites DCS and other PLC systems
- Conducting continuous improvement activities, plant modifications and design work
- Assisting with the planning of maintenance activities for planned outages
- Supervising 3rd party contractors
- Deputising for your line manager as and when required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally an HND/HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline
- Have significant experience working with PLC's, Control Systems, DCS, SCADA and Instrumentation and 11kV experience
- Experience on a power station or other heavy process plants such as petrochemical, refinery or pharmaceutical in EC&I maintenance
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary up to £35,000
- Up to 12% performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.