EC&I Technician - CCGT Power Station
|Job Title:||EC&I Technician - CCGT Power Station|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Salary:||£37000 - £42000.00 per annum + Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 09:52|
EC&I Technician - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are looking for an EC&I Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a state of the art CCGT Power Station in South Wales. This station has a generating capacity of 525MW with a Gas Turbine, Heat Recovery Steam Generator and Steam Turbine.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the EC&I Team Leader, as an EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities within the Power Station to ensure maximum availability for the day to day Operations.
- Supervise specialist contractors during periods of high activity, such as Outages or unplanned Shutdowns.
- Maintaining and documenting all work within the sites CMMS including planning future activities.
- Carry out calibration on a variety of Instrumentation equipment, including Temperature, Flow, Pressure, Sensors etc.
- Maintain Electrical equipment including HV generators, switchgear, AVR's, transformers, drives, motors and inverters.
- Maintain the sites DCS system in addition to PLC's and Input/Output (I/O) devices.
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assist during OPEX & CAPEX projects as required.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/HND in electrical or C&I engineering
- At least five years' experience in a EC&I maintenance role, post apprenticeship, in a heavy process environment/sector (e.g. power station, chemical plant, paper mill, refinery, steel works etc).
- Experience with control systems (DCS, SCADA, PLC's) and instrumentation (flow, pressure, temperature, level etc) equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of HV/MV/LV electrical systems
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus,
- Benefits package including Pension
- Opportunity to work on a highly efficient CCGT Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Operations Technician - CCGT Power Station
Carrington, Greater Manchester
Mechanical Engineer - CCGT Power Station
£35000 - £50000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Shift Operations Technician - Power Station
Coventry, West Midlands
£33800 - £40000 per annum + bonus, pension
Control & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station
£38000 - £39000 per annum + pension
Electrical Engineer - Power Station