|Job Title:||EC&I Technician|
|Location:||West Yorkshire, England|
|Contact Name:||Luke Bennett|
|Job Published:||September 4, 2019|
E,C&I Technician - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We're currently recruiting an Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Technician to join the maintenance department of a brand new energy from waste power station. The site already includes a modern Energy from Waste Power Station which is capable of producing around 68MW of energy and the new plant is built to a similar size.
As the EC&I Technician, you'll be responsible for looking after the reactive and preventative maintenance activities for all EC&I equipment. This will also include planning outages, supervising contractors and dealing with commissioning / upgrade projects.
Ideally we are looking for someone with a bias towards HV Electrical & Control Systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the EC&I Engineer, as EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
· Pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all electrical, controls and instrumentation assets across the power station
· Fault finding/maintaining electrical systems which includes switchgear, motors, actuators, transformers, drives, distribution equipment and high voltage plant.
· Maintaining and calibrating instrumentation such as pressure, temperature, level & flow etc
· Carry out loop checks and programming on the sites DCS & PLC Control System
· Conducting continuous improvement activities, plant modifications and design work
· Supervising 3rd party contractors
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Ideally an HND/HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline
· Have significant experience working with PLC's, Control Systems, DCS, SCADA and Instrumentation
· At least 4 years' experience on a power station or other heavy process plants such as petrochemical, refinery or pharmaceutical in EC&I maintenance
· Experience as an Authorised Person for HV activities would be highly beneficial
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
· Competitive Salary
· 1 week in 8 call out rota
· Opportunity to join one of the largest and newest EfW's in the Country
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 110 037 and ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.