|Job Title:||EC&I Engineer - Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2018|
Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Engineer - Power Station
Competitive salary on offer + generous benefits package
We are currently recruiting for an E,C&I Engineer to work at a large gas fired CHP plant in East Yorkshire. This plant has the capacity to produce around 1200MW of electricity whilst at the same time providing process steam utilised by local refineries. The EC&I Engineer who will be responsible for managing the sites electrical, control and instrumentation systems with a specific focus on plant projects and plant improvement work.
Reporting in to the Engineering Manager duties will include:
- Being the site expert for electrical assets and C&I systems
- Leading and supervising a team of E,C&I Technicians responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work
- The preparation of technical specifications and execution of site EC&I projects safely and within budget
- Providing technical direction to operations and maintenance personnel
- Developing asset management strategies
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Managing high value maintenance contracts
- Directing and supervising on site contractors
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role we are looking for candidates with the following:
- Candidates must have a degree in electrical, electronic or control engineering
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards Chartership
- Excellent technical knowledge of PLC, DCS, Instrumentation and/or Electrical systems
- Significant engineering/maintenance experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. power station, chemical plant, refinery, steel works etc
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
- An adaptable approach to working methods/routines and the ability to embrace change
- The ability to prioritise to meet business needs
Salary and benefits
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A performance related bonus
- A company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH
Further details of the package can be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.