EC&I Engineer - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||EC&I Engineer - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Up to £48000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2018 10:37|
Electrical, Control & Instrument (EC&I) Engineer - Energy from Waste
Up to £48,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a leading Waste Management company in the UK and are recruiting for an EC&I Team Leader / EC&I Engineer to join the Maintenance Department of their latest plant.
Working at their newest facility in Buckinghamshire, capable of diverting up to 300,000 tonnes of waste from landfill and in turn producing ~22MW of electricity. A state of the art facility with a contract in place to forge a successful career in power generation, this is an ideal opportunity to join further your Engineering skillset within the Maintenance Department.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager as the Electrical, Controls and Instrument Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of Electrical, Control & Instrument technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all maintenance activities within the EC&I department in a safe and efficient manner
- Assisting with maintenance on a variety of equipment including HV Switchgear, Motors, Control Systems (PLC's / SCADA / DCS), Continuous Emissions Monitoring Equipment and Instrumentation (Flow, Level, Temperature, Pressure)
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Manage and oversee the development and implementation of modifications and site improvement projects.
- Support the Maintenance Manager and work alongside the other Departmental Team Leaders in planning outages, managing site support service agreements and deputise for the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised qualification in electrical / electronic engineering at HNC level or higher
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives, PLC's, SCADA, DCS, Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems, Instrumentation (Flow, Level, Temperature, Pressure) etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in an industry such as Energy from Waste, Biomass, Power Generation, Refinery, Steel Works, Paper Mill or other relevant Heavy Process Industry. Royal Navy Marine Engineers (Senior Officers)
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £48,000
- Performance Related Bonus
- Company Pension & Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join one of the newest Energy from Waste Plants in the UK
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Technician- Energy from Waste
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Day Team Leader - Energy from Waste
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste
Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste
Up to £45900.00 per annum
O&M Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Lanark, South Lanarkshire