|Job Title:||EC&I Engineer - Biomass Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||March 22, 2019|
EC&I Engineer - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits including Bonus
We are looking for an EC&I Engineer to join a modern Biomass Combined Heat & Power Plant.
The Plant is able to burn 172,000 tonnes of waste wood per year and produce 23MW of power through a highly efficient combustion process. The EC&I Engineer is a critical role for ensuring all of the plants control systems, instrumentation and electrical equipment are maintained and functioning to ensure the plant is kept operating 24/7.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Facility Manager, as EC&I Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and carrying out all EC&I activities including the scheduling of regular maintenance works, outages, shutdowns and plant improvement projects, ensuring all work is carried out safely to maximise plant availability.
- Plant inspections and maintenance includes a variety of equipment including automated equipment, transducers, instrumentation (temperature, flow, pressure, weight etc), continuous emissions monitoring equipment and control systems (DCS/SCADA/PLC).
- Provide technical support and insight on specific contracts tenders for EC&I related equipment.
- Purchasing of spare parts and inventory control for all EC&I equipment.
- Supervise any third party contractors on site, administer RAMS and monitor performance of contractors.
- Ensure all work is carried out inline with company legislation, H&S policies and current statutory requirements.
- Maintain and administer the CMMS (Q4) for all EC&I related maintenance / parts.
- Act as an Authorised Person for all High Voltage (HV) and Medium Voltage (MV) switching.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC or above in an Electrical, Control & Instrumentation engineering discipline (EC&I, Instrumentation, Measurement & Control etc)
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in an engineering field
- Proven experience in a supervisory role in a 24/7 process environment; Power Station, Energy from Waste, Refinery, Biomass etc
- Qualified in health & Safety with IOSH / NEBOSH
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of Electrical (Motors, Drives, Valves, Switchgear etc), Instrumentation (Temperature, Flow, Pressure, Sensor etc) and Control Systems (Valmet, Metso, Siemens PCS7 etc)
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- 40 Hours per week Monday - Friday
- Company Benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.