E&I Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||E&I Technician - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||January 19, 2018 16:16|
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
£35,000 + Benefits Package
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded numerous contracts in the United Kingdom for Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste Plants and have plans for more as a Technology provider.
We're currently recruiting an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a state of the art Energy from Waste Power Station in Boston, Lincolnshire. This plant is part of a 3-plant development project across the UK designed to supply ~10MW of energy, using Gasification Technology/Advanced Thermal Treatment.
Role & Responsibilities
As Electrical & Instrumentation Technician, reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining EC&I assets across the plant
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ / ONC / HNC in electrical engineering or a similar discipline (desirable, not a necessity)
- At least 5 years of hands on maintenance experience with control systems (DCS, SCADA, PLCs), instrumentation and electrical plant including motors, switchgear, drives etc.
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A starting salary of £35,000 with room for progression
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- An opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste site
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 282 and speak to Arjun Patel who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
O&M Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Shift + Bonus
Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste
Electrical Engineer - New Energy from Waste
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
Office Manager - New Energy from Waste Power Station
£25000 - £30000.00 per annum