E&I Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||E&I Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste|
|Location:||North London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £60000.00 per annum + Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||June 26, 2019 10:09|
Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste
Salary up to £60,000 & Benefits (Pension, Bonus, Healthcare etc)
We're currently recruiting for an Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering Manager to join an Energy from Waste Power Station in the North London area.
Energy from Waste is currently one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK's power industry offering secure, lengthy and challenging careers with great opportunities for development. This plant is no exception. With exciting times ahead including some the development of a brand new Energy from Waste station, this could be the opportunity you're looking for.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of the Energy Centre, as E&I Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying plant and process related problems and arranging manpower and materials to carry out necessary repairs, maintenance, installation and commissioning on all electrical and instrumentation plant
- Develop CAPEX proposals, assist with the 3-5 year business strategy and manage department budget focusing on improving financial performance.
- Implement new processes and oversee projects to improve plant efficiency and availability such as developing the control systems (PLC, SCADA and Network Systems)
- Supervising the day to day work within the E&I department, providing technical support to all plant, equipment and personnel
- Coordinating and supervising contractors in line with internal and external standards and legislation to ensure quality and safety controls
- Carrying out risk assessments and method statements for maintenance tasks
- When required, assisting in the design of appropriate equipment and solutions to electrical and instrumentation issues, including generating tender & specifications
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum HNC/HND in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline
- Experience working with control systems including PLC equipment (ideally Allen Bradley), AC drives, HV equipment and distribution systems.
- Qualified HV SAP (Senior Authorised Person)
- At least 5 years supervisory experience in electrical maintenance on a power station or other heavy process plants such as petrochemical, refinery, paper mill or pharmaceutical
- Proven experience of managing a budget, writing strategy plans, negotiating with suppliers and producing reports
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, guidance and systems
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary up to £60,000
- Bonus opportunity
- Excellent benefits package including pension & healthcare
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Manager - New Energy from Waste
+ Car + Bonus + Benefits
Commercial Support Manager - Energy from Waste
Bonus & Benefits
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
Bonus & Benefits
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
Assistant Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste
£26000 - £30000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits