|Job Title:||Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000.00 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Matthew George|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2018 10:18|
Design Engineer - Building Services
£45,000-£50,000 plus benefits
We are currently recruiting a Design Engineer with expertise in building services/ mechanical engineering to assist in the design, project management and procurement of bespoke energy networks for new and existing developments, for example Combined Heat and Power (CHP) and District Heating.
Our client specialises in the provision of district energy systems and already has some established and successful projects. Due to the compact nature of this business, combined with ambitions to grow (for example the development of an entire design team) this positions offers very real career development opportunities.
As a Design Engineer, your responsibilities will include;
- The design and implementation of medium to large scale energy systems, such as large steam or hot water boilers, combined heat and power (CHP), district heating, heat distribution networks, controls, plant-rooms, thermal storage and fuel storage.
- Project management of renewable installations from biomass to ground/ water source heating systems
- The design and delivery of on-site power generation and distribution systems, including selection of prime movers and plant sizing.
- Energy utility procurement
- The Integration of thermal and electrical energy generation into building developments.
- The production of high quality reports and presentations, including design feasibility studies.
- The production of drawings, reports and specifications.
- Surveying and evaluating existing buildings and energy systems.
- Keeping abreast with developments in the energy sector.
- Coordinating the work of others and coordinating work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Client and external team liaison.
- The development of proposals for tender
- Producing viability and feasibility reports of energy systems
To be considered for this exciting Design Engineer opportunity, candidates should be;
- Highly motivated and flexible due to the dynamic nature of this role.
- Experienced in the design of building services/ energy systems for example Combined Heat and Power (CHP), District Heating and renewable technologies.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
- Proficient with Microsoft and GIS software products as well as design/ CAD software such as AutoCAD or Solid Works.
The successful candidate for our Design Engineer requirement will benefit from;
- A competitive salary of up to £45,000 plus London weighting.
- Company pension.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com, or for more information call 02392 288 206 and speak with Matt George.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Company Benefits
Up to £26000.00 per annum + good package
£35000 - £40000.00 per annum
Up to £37000.00 per annum + good package