|Job Title:||DCS Engineer - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Car + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2019|
DCS Engineer - Energy from Waste
South East England
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute are looking for a DCS (Distributed Control Systems Engineer) to join the maintenance team of one of the largest Energy from Waste Power Stations in England.
A vital role within the Power Station, you'll be managing the "nerve centre" of the plant, the Control System. Overseeing continuous improvement programs to increase reliability, availability and efficient whilst minimising costs to the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as the sites DCS Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Assume overall responsibility for the entire DCS system.
- Oversee and assist with the maintenance of the DCS system, fault finding and troubleshooting and adding loops in the DCS
- Assisting the EC&I department in their daily activities and making adjustments in the system to increase unit and plant performance
- Identify and implement modifications and improvements to the plant
- Manage, forecast and review the O&M budget
- Develop and planning outages, inspections and maintenance activities, working alongside other Engineers to ensure work is carried out safely, on time and to budget.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC/HND in a relevant Engineering discipline with a focus of Control Systems
- Previous experience working with C&I/DCS equipment in a Power Station or similar process plant such as Energy from Waste, Biomass, Refinery, Steelworks, Papermill etc
- Ideal experience working on Yokogawa Centrum, Exaquantum, Siemens Simatic Step & WinCC
- Exposure to managing a budget, supervising contractors and planning projects such as outages and plant improvement projects
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive basic salary
- Car / Car allowance
- Opportunity to work on a large energy from waste power station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.