DCS Engineer - CCGT Power Station
|Job Title:||DCS Engineer - CCGT Power Station|
|Location:||Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2018 11:09|
DCS Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute are looking for a DCS (Distributed Control Systems Engineer) to join the maintenance team of a 1200MW CCGT in East Yorkshire.
A vital role within the Power Station, you'll be managing the "nerve centre" of the plant, the Control System. Overseeing continuous improvement programs to increase reliability, availability and efficiency whilst minimising costs to the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as the sites DCS Engineer>, you will be responsible for:
- Assume overall responsibility for all DCS, TCS and Control System related issues.
- Oversee and assist with the maintenance of the DCS system, fault finding and troubleshooting and adding loops in the DCS
- Leading the Control & Instrumentation Team in their daily activities and making adjustments in the system to increase unit and plant performance
- Identify and implement modifications and improvements to the plant
- Manage, forecast and review the O&M budget
- Develop and planning outages, inspections and maintenance activities, working alongside other Engineers to ensure work is carried out safely, on time and to budget.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree/HNC/HND in a relevant Engineering discipline with a focus of Control Systems
- Previous experience working with C&I/DCS equipment in a Power Station or similar process plant such as Energy from Waste, Biomass, Refinery, Steelworks, Papermill etc
- Supervisory experience in leading teams and taking part in preventative and reactive maintenance works
- Exposure to managing a budget, supervising contractors and planning projects such as outages and plant improvement projects
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive basic salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work in a 1200MW CCGT Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Production Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Electrical Engineer - Power Station
£50000 - £55000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Operations Technician - Power Station
shift allowance + benefits
Mechanical Technician - Power Station
Lancing, West Sussex
£35000 - £42000.00 per annum + bonus, pension, OT
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Power Station
£58000 - £62000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension