DCS & Functional Safety Engineer - Oil, Gas & Chemicals
|Job Title:||DCS & Functional Safety Engineer - Oil, Gas & Chemicals|
|Location:||Withernsea, East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2017 12:31|
DCS Engineer - Oil, Gas & Chemicals
Competitive & Benefits
Astute are looking for a DCS (Distributed Control System) Engineer to join the team at a top tier COMAH site near Hull. Responsible for overseeing all DCS, Cyber Security, and Functional Safety activities on site, supporting new business opportunities and managing projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager>, as , you will be responsible for:
- Lead the site safety and availability aspects for DCS, Functional Safety, Cybersecurity and the PI System ensuring statutory compliance.
- Oversee department maintenance and delivery of plant and systems on site.
- Co-ordinate site projects and initiatives to solve engineering plant issues.
- Liaising with client's ICT Team to allow for shared best practices ensuring safe and reliable network security.
- Implement engineering procedures, instructions, policies, technical documents and user manuals to ensure staff understanding.
- Assist with providing design specifications for new plant developments and projects.
- Assist with onsite audits and delivering outcomes.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum HNC/HND in Electrical, Control or Instrumentation Discipline. A degree would be desirable.
- NEBOSH or H&S Qualification
- Experience with Honeywell Experian, HPM Training Courses, and OSI PI Systems
- Experience working in a Heavy Process industry supporting the Maintenance Manager, this could be Refinery, Chemical Plant, Power Station etc.
- An understanding of Best Practice, Insurance Compliance and Legislative issues relating to DCS Systems & Functional Safety.
- Familiarity with IEC 6150/61511 Electricity at Work
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Call in to ask about the competitive salary
- Opportunity to join one of the UK's largest O&M Providers
- Working on a busy Chemical Site
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
DCS Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£50000 - £60000.00 per annum + Benefits
Safety Advisor - Power Generation
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£25000 - £40000 per annum + benefits
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - EFW Power Station
East Lothian, Scotland
£48000 - £55000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Field Engineer - Electrical
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Company Benefits
Electrical Field Service Engineer
£32000 - £36000.00 per annum + Van + Overtime