Day Team Leader - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Day Team Leader - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 15, 2018 08:49|
Day Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
£50,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Day Team Leader to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Your duties as a Day Team Leader will include:
- Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for day to day management of the Shift Team Leaders, Shift Operation Technicians, Shift Operators and Day operators along with and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Acting as Deputy Plant Manager as and when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Senior Authorised Persons Status
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Basic pay around £50,000 (DOE)
- Benefits package including 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to join a new build Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum + Benefits
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Car & Bonus
Technical Administrator - Energy from Waste
£20000 - £25000.00 per annum + Benefits
General Manager - Energy from Waste
Car & Bonus