|Job Title:||Data Scientist|
|Location:||South East England, England|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2018 15:58|
Data Science Consultant
Bristol / Basingstoke
Astute are looking for an experienced data scientist to work in a consultancy environment providing data handling and analytical support to a portfolio of industry leading clients across the UK energy sector.
With an excellent grounding in data science programming and visualisation, preferably relating to engineering applications in the energy sector, you will be capable of applying your technical knowledge to a broad variety of tasks from an analysis and consultancy viewpoint.
In addition to your technical expertise you will have superb communication skills, the ability to generate positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and to both identify and then support business development opportunities when appropriate to do so. You will be comfortable working in a dynamic project environment, and relish the opportunity to play a key role in developing this service offering within the wider business.
- Degree level qualification in data science or similar area
- Excellent programming skills: Python (must), R (nice to have), Java and experience of SQL and noSQL datbases
- Statistics and Machine Learning: A solid understanding of statistics and machine learning techniques with demonstrable experience in real world applications
- Good data wrangling skills
- Good data visulisation and communication - must be able to tell a story with the data and understand the user's needs and perspective. Use of tools like Bokeh, Tableau, matplotlib etc.
- Model building experience
- Strong communicator
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the techniques (not just the libraries that come with Python for example)
- Experience of time series data analysis and predictive modelling techniques
- Be entrepreneurially minded with an appreciation of the bigger picture and ambition of the company's aims
- Trusted to work with minimal direction - generates and pursues their own approach to problems leading the discovery process
Nice to have:
- Software engineering experience
- Experience within an industrial environment (power generation, manufacturing, chemical plants, waste processing, water etc)
- Experience of other statistical software tools including SPSS
What's on offer
A competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package is just the start. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and career with a progressive consultancy that is considered the benchmark for excellence by their clients. You will have a personal mentor to provide guidance and technical assistance as required, with both internal and external training conducted to supplement your own on the job learning.
Positive behaviours are rewarded by a reactive review process that allows proactive individuals to advance in line with their achievements, and you will have the opportunity to excel across a wide range of exciting projects, not the least of which being to contribute to our nation's clean energy future.
How to apply
If you'd like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail, or can think of somebody that might be interested, then give me a call on 02392 222 961, or 07766 452 373 if out of hours. CVs can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, but please do follow up with a supporting call to find out more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.