|Job Title:||CSA Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£45.00 - £60.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Abbie Geach|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2019|
CSA project Engineer
£45-£60 per hour
Duration - 9 months
Start date: ASAP
We are currently seeking to recruit a CSA project Engineer to provide the civil structural and Geotechnical Engineering capability needed by remote desktop protocol (RDP), for a low-level waste repository (LLWR) project based in Cumbria.
- Oversee and carry out the geotechnical engineering design, production and construction activities with operational effectiveness and the quality management system.
- Management of the LLWR live services drawing and excavation process, including the generation of design deliverables.
- Oversee relevant local council planning conditions relating to RDP, keeping engineering and design activities in line with these requirements.
- Carrying out condition inspections and assessments for civil structures and infrastructure.
- Liaise in engineering study, design, technical and document review meetings.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Monitor engineering and geotechnical standards and practices in the delivery of engineering work.
Knowledge, skills and experience
To be considered for this experience you will have:
- Engineering degree (min 2:2) in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, engineering geology discipline or equivalent professional qualification.
- 5 years' experience in a construction engineering or design capacity.
- Accredited by an appropriate professional institution (incorporated/chartered engineer) or have the capability to achieve chartership.
- Knowledge of industry standards, processes and procedures relevant to geotechnical engineering, with the full understanding of underlying principles
- Knowledge and experience of construction regulations 2015 (CDM 2015).
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to liaise with external parties.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience working in highways, railways or landfill civil engineering.
- Knowledge of applying relevant highway design codes.
- Experience of leading design teams as part of a major highway scheme, or small to medium size projects.
- Experience working with supply chain contractors.
If you are interested in applying for this geotechnical engineer role, please email me a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Abbie Geach on 02393910042 for a confidential chat.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.