|Job Title:||Controls and Instrumentation Technician|
|Salary:||£25 - £30 per hour + Dependant on Ltd or Umbrella|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Appleby|
|Job Published:||April 4, 2019|
Controls and Instrumentation Technician - Power Generation
£25 - £30 per hour
8 Months (Initially)
We are currently recruiting for a Controls and Instrumentation Technician for a Large Power Station in Nottingham on a contract basis. The C & I Technician will be expected to carry out various kinds of maintenance around the plant as well as having other responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Lead Engineer, as Controls and Instrumentation Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and preventative maintenance duties on all Control & Instrumentation equipment across the site.
- Fault finding, maintaining and calibration on Instrumentation (pressure, level, temperature, DCS', PLCs)
- Provide specialist support to the Production Department
- Assisting in plant improvement projects, shutdowns and outages including the supervision of contract staff
- Identify areas for improvement of C&I systems, maximising plant availability and efficiency
- Maintaining the Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
- Act as a Competent Person role under the Safe Systems of Work
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Time Served Apprenticeship.
- ONC/HNC/HND Qualified in a relevant Control & Instrumentation field
- At least three years' experience working within the Power Industry.
- Maintenance activities
- Experience with Siemens T3000 and Siemens S7 PLC's
- Knowledge of SIS, PSSR, ATEX and relevant legislation
- Able to compile Risk Assessments & Method Statements & Work Instructions
Rate and Length
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Currently advising between £25 - £30 per hour depending on experience.
- Rate will vary depending on Umbrella or Limited Company.
- This role is expected to continue into 2020.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 208 and ask to speak to Ashley who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.