|Job Title:||Control & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station|
|Salary:||£38000 - £39000 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||October 3, 2019|
Control & Instrument Technician - Energy from Waste
£39,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Control & Instrument Technicians to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire.
The C&I Technicians will work under the direction of the Control & Instrument Engineer and will play an integral part in ensuring the facilities instrumentation and control systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Control & Instrument Engineer, as a Control & Instrument Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, installing and maintaining instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow and level) and control systems (PLCs', SCADA, DCS etc)
- Calibrations and loop checking of instruments relating to the sites DCS/control systems
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC systems
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Ensuring strict HSE compliance
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry e.g. power station, pharmaceutical plant, steels works, paper mill, manufacturing etc.
- An HNC / ONC or equivalent in C&I engineering such as Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Measurement and Control Engineering or Instrument and Control
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience maintaining controls systems including DCS, SCADA and PLCs as well as instruments (pressure, temperature, flow etc)
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary of £39,000
- A Company Pension
- Opportunity to gain valuable commissioning experience
- Chance to join the growing EFW industry
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.