Control & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station
|Job Title:||Control & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||October 31, 2018 12:44|
Controls & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station
Competitive salary on offer + generous benefits package
North East Lincolnshire
We are currently recruiting for a C&I Technician to work at a large gas fired CHP plant in North East Lincolnshire. This plant has the capacity to produce around 1200MW of electricity whilst at the same time providing process steam utilised by local refineries. The C&I Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work around the facility on all C&I assets.
Reporting in to the EC&I Engineer duties will include:
- Assisting the with the planning and execution of C&I related projects
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all C&I assets to maximise plant availability including pressure, level, temperature and flow sensors and control systems (DCS, PLCs)
- Supervise and manage on site contractors.
- Undertake outage support during shutdowns from defect identification through planning to successful implementation
- Ensuring all maintenance reports and logs are kept up to date via the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Following all safe systems of work including carrying out risk assessments and issuing permits.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role we are looking for candidates with the following:
- A time served apprenticeship with an HNC in electrical/electronic engineering, measurement & control or similar and have served
- Excellent technical knowledge of PLC, DCS, Instrumentation and some electrical systems
- At least 5 years of maintenance experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. power station, chemical plant, refinery, steel works etc
- Some experience with planning and scoping works with the ability to complete small projects
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
Salary and benefits
- A competitive basic salary
- A performance related bonus
- A company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH
- Additional benefits
Further details of the package can be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
bonus + benefits
Electrical Technician x 2 - New Power Station
Newport, Isle of Wight
Up to £35000.00 per annum + benefits
Environmental Health & Safety Manager - CCGT Power Station
Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
£35000 - £37000.00 per annum + Benefits
Technical Sales Engineer - M&E Power Station Services
Bonus & Benefits