|Job Title:||Control & Instrumentation Engineer - Power Station|
|Salary:||£35000 - £52000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||November 1, 2018|
Control & Instrumentation Engineer - Power Station
£35,000 - £52,000 + 10% bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Control & Instrumentation Engineer to work at a CCGT power station just north of London in Hoddesdon. This plant comprises of gas turbines, steam turbines, HRSGs, water treatment plant and has the capacity to produce around 715MW of electricity. The C&I Engineer will be responsible for managing short, medium and long-term engineering solutions for the plant with relation to the sites control and instrumentation systems.
Reporting in to the Lead EC&I Engineer duties will include:
- The preparation and management of major contracts in support of EC&I maintenance requirements of the station
- Acting as the technical authority in relation to design standards, codes of practice and legislation
- The execution of site EC&I projects safely and within budget
- Developing asset management strategies
- Identifying areas of improvement across the plant to increase efficiency
- Ensure maintenance plans and targets for the team are achieved safely, on time and within budget and to the correct quality within the environmental limits of the station
- Managing high value maintenance contracts
- Directing and supervising on site contractors
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
Qualifications & Requirements
To be considered for the C&I Engineer vacancy you must:
- Hold a relevant technical qualification at HND / HNC level or equivalent in electrical/C&I engineering.
- Have previous experience in C&I maintenance or engineering in a heavy process environment. This may have been gained in a Power Station (Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP, Nuclear etc.), Chemical Plant, Refinery or Pharmaceutical site etc.
- Have significant experience working with PLC's, DCS, instrumentation and CEMS equipment
- Some experience with project work and contract management would be beneficial but is not essential
- A full UK driving licence is also required for this role as occasional travel to other sites will be involved
This role would suit a current C&I Engineer but also an experience EC&I / C&I Technician with 5+ years' experience looking to step up to an Engineer level position.
Salary and benefits
- A salary between £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- A £2,000 south east allowance
- A performance related bonus up to 10%
- A company pension
- Additional company benefits
To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.