|Job Title:||Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Up to £45900.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2018|
Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste
~£45,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Control & Instrument Technician to join a newly constructed Energy from Waste Power Station in the Midlands. The plant consists of a Mechanical Biological Treatment Plant, Material Recovery Facility and an Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant to process up to 190,000 tonnes of waste per year, producing enough power to supply 14,000 homes.
The C&I Technician will work under the direction of the Maintenance Engineer and will play an integral part in ensuring the facilities instrumentation and control systems (PCS7) are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Engineer as a Control & Instrument Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, installing and maintaining instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow and level) and control systems (PLCs', SCADA, DCS etc) through preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Calibrations and loop checking of instruments relating to the sites DCS/control systems
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC systems (Siemens PCS7)
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS) to ensure compliance with the Environmental Permit
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Ensuring strict HSE compliance
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry e.g. power station, pharmaceutical plant, steels works, paper mill, manufacturing etc.
- An HNC / ONC or equivalent in relevant C&I discipline
- Health & Safety qualification such as an IOSH or NEBOSH
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience maintaining, fault finding and calibrating controls systems including DCS, SCADA and PLCs as well as instruments (pressure, temperature, flow etc)
- Siemens S7 / PCS7 would be highly desirable
- Involvement in commissioning is desirable but not essential
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary circa £45,000
- Company Benefits including a Company Pension
- Opportunity to gain valuable commissioning experience
- Chance to join a brand new Energy from Waste Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.