Continuous Improvement Engineer
|Job Title:||Continuous Improvement Engineer|
|Location:||Sunderland, Tyne and Wear|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2017 10:24|
Process Improvement Engineer - Waste Management
Salary - Competitive salary, pension & bonus
Location - North East
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They are currently seeking a Process Improvement Engineer to develop and improve the process, method and equipment to drive positive change and improved efficiency of operational processes of multiple recycling facilities. Our client is a leading recycling and waste management organisation who offer sustainable solutions to minimise environmental impact that waste can cause. They are looking for an experienced Process Improvement Engineer to join their team in the North East (Sunderland / Knottingley areas).
Duties as an Improvement Engineer will include but are not limited to:
- To lead for Change Management, juggling multiple projects at any one time
- Driving performance Improvement through OEE and Wastage reduction
- Driving Quality Improvement and Efficiency by continually increasing standards by Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) iteration
- Appropriate implementation of Lean and Good Manufacturing Practice techniques such as 5S, problem solving, root cause analysis, herring bone diagrams, quality circles etc.
- Reducing wastage through the application of process mapping and waste elimination techniques
- Implementing a robust performance measurement system delivering bottom line cost reduction
- Create a framework that the sites can use to drive operational improvements
The ideal applicant
- Experienced Manufacturing Professional - degree calibre
- Proven experience in Continuous Improvement techniques and team development
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Must have necessary gravitas to challenge Site Leaders for accountability of MPS deployment
- Influencing skills essential
This is excellent opportunity to join a well-regarded Waste Management business.
If you or anyone you know are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity to develop your career, please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call and ask to speak to Don Marsh for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Process Engineer
West Sussex, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Maintenance Engineer - Essex - £40k
£36000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Maintenance Engineer - Multi skilled - Process Plant - £35k
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Project Engineer / Manager - Landfill - Sheffield - £35k+
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Car & benefits
Project Development Engineer - South East - Up to £38k
South East England, England
£33000.00 - £38000.00 per annum