Construction Manager - City Airport
|Job Title:||Construction Manager - City Airport|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£500 - £700 per day|
|Contact Name:||Tom Mlinar|
|Job Published:||May 19, 2016 17:08|
Construction Manager, City Airport
1 - 5 year contract
Rate is negotiable
Astute Technical recruitment are currently working with a leading Project Management and Engineering company to recruit a Construction Manager at London City Airport on a Contract basis. The successful Construction Manager will be responsible for the organisation and direction of construction and related activities of a single construction project. You will act as the primary client contact for all project field activities. You will also be responsible for all jobsite activities and ensuring construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, and that construction operations are completed on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical and administrative direction to a jobsite construction staff, comprised of superintendents, construction engineers, coordinators, administrators and others, as assigned.
- Maintains continuous contact with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, labour unions (if applicable), local/national governmental bureaus, local public regulatory agencies and civic groups.
- Coordinates all jobsite activities including actions of LCY, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives.
- Responsible for total site management including supervision of construction craft personnel, field engineering, contract administration, cost and schedule, field procurement, finance and accounting services, and craft resource personnel as applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring development and execution of Project Automation Plan, Environmental Compliance Plan, safety plan, site survey plan, non-manual staffing plan, subcontracting plan, labour strategy, Construction Execution Plan, and job-site work rules.
- Implements LCY's Zero Accident Philosophy, security, housekeeping, and fire protection on the construction site.
- Ensures the field organization is composed of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on field staff in accordance with established schedule.
- Establishes and implements construction schedules, methods, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
- Controls jobsite expenditures for labour equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within the budget.
- Plans and establishes procedures to ensure construction operations meet engineering designs and specifications.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Establishes project field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite.
- Responsible for all jobsite labour relations and coordinates the activities with corporate craft resources department.
- Maintains client relationship and is the primary contact for client's communication with the field activities.
- Maintains an effective relation with other functional departments.
- Develops implements and administers a jobsite security plan and coordinates the activities with corporate security department.
- Coordinates all jobsite contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Directs the development and implementation of a training program to ensure subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Responsible for overall development of manual training and any testing as required.
- Directs the overall project safety programs and ensures strict adherence to local and national regulatory safety codes.
- Responsible for implementation of an effective community relations plan for the site.
- Responsible for project start up activities as required.
- Ensures required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of the affected work at site.
- Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision making in the execution of duties.
- To undertake any training required as relevant to job role.
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
To apply for this position you will need to have knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management, you will also have a recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and/or specialized courses in construction management.
For more information regarding this position please call me on 02392 222961 or send a copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £40000.00 per annum + pension healthcare
Bonus & Healthcare
Manchester, Greater Manchester
East London, London