Configuration Control Engineer
|Job Title:||Configuration Control Engineer|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2019 15:57|
circa £35k DOE
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
I'm looking to speak with an experienced Configuration and Control Engineer that's keen to develop their career by joining an established, successful, and forward-thinking engineering firm delivering the design, manufacture, assembly, and testing of high integrity electrical and mechanical solutions to a range of demanding highly regulated industries.
This role will require you to take ownership of the data management and document configuration process for the business through your extensive and detailed knowledge of configuration control in both design and production engineering. You will be able to demonstrate your ability and past achievements in the following areas:
- Configuration control of documentation and media, to include MRP
- Maintenance and control of configuration databases
- Report generation to monitor status of documentation throughout project lifecycle evolutions
- Ensuring end product and associated documentation align with customer expectations
- Subject matter expert for engineering change management and process for the business
- Participation in pre-manufacture review to ensure all drawings and documentation are available, complete and correct
- Audit of change control process
With a manufacturing background in low to medium volume high technology production engineering, you will be a positive and flexible individual that is confident to lead configuration control for an SME sized organisation, and comfortable taking ownership of this business-critical task.
Close co-operation between all elements of the design, production and test process is key, and the successful candidate will be one that seeks to engage with their colleagues, add value at every opportunity and proactively utilise lessons learned to develop their own and the company's overall best practice.
You will ideally hold:
- HNC minimum in relevant engineering discipline
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of AS9100, or relevant equivalent standards in other sectors
- Relevant experience of all stages of NPI process
- Background in aerospace or defence sector
What's on offer
The opportunity to be part of an inclusive team with a shared purpose - you will be joining this business at an exciting period of growth and be involved with varied and exciting projects of national significance.
A solid starting salary and excellent working hours, alongside excellent development prospects will reward someone that is keen to build their career in this role.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's