Commercial Manager - PRNs, Trading & Analytics - £35k
|Job Title:||Commercial Manager - PRNs, Trading & Analytics - £35k|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2018 15:59|
Job Title - Commercial Manager - Packaging Regulations, Trading & Analytics
Location - Rochester
Salary - £35,000+
Our client is one of the UK's leading Integrated Waste Management specialists providing a complete range of collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy recovery services.
They are looking for a Commercial Manager to join the Rochester team focusing on Packaging Regulations across the business, with particular attention ton the generation and trading of PRNs.
As the Commercial Manager will be responsible for the packaging compliance and trading of PRN's. This will incorporate the analysis and presentation of the divisional performance including monthly reports, dash boards, P&L analysis and budget variance.
- Recording, analysing and trading of Package Recovery Notes (PRNs) across various commodities (Paper, Plastic, Polymers, Metal, Glass) produced by the business, ensuring full compliance with EA protocols and all necessary accreditations.
- Monitoring the divisional performance with regards Packaging Regulations, with a focus on variance against budget revenue, cost and tonnage figures
- Identify any significant variances highlighting to Senior Management and Directors identifying probable cause and potential risk.
- Presentation of monthly commodity reports, trading analysis and stock holding
- Ensure all departmental and process documentation relating to commodities and trade is generated, recorded and audited.
- Optimisation of current trading relationships, creating new opportunities where required and developing contracts to limit risk and market exposure.
- Management of the commercial back office including management of risk, commodity stock and providing full assistance to the Commercial and Trading Managers.
Previous experience required
Due to the nature of the role my client are looking for someone with a strong commercial understanding, ideally coming from a sales or trading background. Prior working knowledge in either the Recycling / Environmental / Compliance background is highly desirable as is an understanding of PRN trading / PRN systems and the relevant legislation and environmental controls. Due to the demanding nature of the role they are looking for a proactive and driven individual, with a real attention to detail, and a strong grasp of the Packaging Waste Regulations and how this effects businesses and the circlular economy.
What they can offer you in return
Not only are our client one of the leading reprocessors operating here in the UK but they pride themselves on the level training and career progression on offer. You will be joining a well-regarded business that takes a real pride in its workforce and understands the importance of employing the right people.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones at email@example.com or call 02392 228214 to speak with Chris direct.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Commercial General Manager
£68000.00 - £73000.00 per annum + Car plus bonus
Contract and Commercial Manager
East Sussex, England
car, pension, bonus
LGV Technician / Mechanic - Leicester - Up to £35k
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
East London, London
Up to £45000 per annum + bonus
West Malling, Kent
£35000 - £40000 per annum