|Job Title:||Commercial Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2018 17:10|
I'm recruiting for an experienced mechanical engineer to fulfil a commercial role, blending estimating, manufacturing and purchasing skills in order to help optimise contractual performance for this high precision engineering firm.
Within a relatively compact business of skilled professionals you will deliver a variety of functions aimed at ensuring the Company's contracts are completed in the most cost effective manner.
As a flexible and resourceful individual, you will have experience of or be capable of learning to cover the following duties:
- project managing new business, to include generation of a project plan and all necessary documentation
- producing profitable estimates from design drawings or digitally provided data, to include capture of all relevant information, and provide clear narratives where required within the allocated timeframe
- creating clear and concise quotes for review submittal
- completing and conducting quick load for new orders, making sure all information to include materials and specifications is captured prior to action
- negotiating raw materials and purchasing as required, liaising with suppliers and onboarding new suppliers where necessary
- conducting contract review in order to monitor profitability with respect to fluctuating supply pricing, improving process and reducing cost wherever possible
- providing technical support for manufacturing methods and tooling as required
- to proactively champion continuous improvement for product quality and delivery performance, always with a view to reducing cost
- build strong relationships with customers, keeping them informed of order progress at all necessary milestones
With a strong mechanical engineering background and an ability to quickly interpret engineering information from technical drawings, you will ideally have progressed from a machining background into an account management role. Equally comfortable negotiating and maintaining contract performance with a client as you are directing the manufacturing process on the shop floor, you will have a can-do and flexible attitude to your role that will see you play an key part in the overall Company performance.
You will possess:
- Apprentice trained mechanical engineering background or higher
- Continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Demonstrable client handling experience
What's on offer
A solid basic salary dependent on breadth of experience is supported by a generous holiday allowance, company pension contributions, excellent working hours and numerous perks and benefits to include eyecare and childcare vouchers.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's