|Job Title:||Commercial & Engineering Director - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Car & Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019|
Commercial & Engineering Director - Power Generation
Competitive Salary & Benefits including Bonus & Car
Our client is an international leading provider of turnkey solutions across the Energy from Waste and Biomass industries. In the UK they have 10 Energy from Waste plants with a further two awarded which aim to be completed over the next few years.
They are launching a new division focusing on the UK EfW/Biomass market offering various services include technical support, consultations, retrofit / optimisation projects and maintenance / outage services throughout the duration of the plant's lifecycle. Initially focused on an existing portfolio, you'll be targeting the UK's entire EfW/Biomass market of over 60 plants.
Due to the technical nature of the services on offer, the ideal candidate for this role will have a Mechanical Engineering background with proven experience on various combustion technologies, boiler maintenance, flue gas treatment plant, outages, installations and warranty issues of mechanical plant. You'll also have a strong commercial acumen, with experience in preparing and writing bids / tenders.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Commercial & Engineering Director, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and developing the divisions engineering solutions across the UK EfW & Biomass market.
- Networking with the relevant stakeholders within the existing portfolio and future business to identify key players and EfW plants.
- Identify areas of opportunity and develop a strategy to implement across the UK to deliver a pipeline of projects.
- Define key products / services and allocate the appropriate resource to achieve targets.
- Offering technical / consultancy level support with customers on issues such as boiler corrosion, warranty issues, FGT improvements etc.
- Collaborate with the legal, technical and finance departments to structure a proposal and present to customers to secure business.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Heavily experienced in the UK EfW/Biomass sector with specific knowledge of boilers/combustion technologies, flue gas treatment and associated plant.
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, mechanical preferred but candidates qualified in other engineering disciplines will be considered
- Senior management experience from a Power Station background such as a General / Plant Manager of an Energy from Waste, Biomass, CHP plant etc
- Strong background in commercial activities from tendering, bid writing and costings.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- Private medical
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.