Commercial and Domestic Waste Manager
|Job Title:||Commercial and Domestic Waste Manager|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Wharton|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2017 13:31|
Commercial and Domestic Waste Manager - Bracknell - Up to £40k + beneifts
Waste Services Manager
* To operate an open and inclusive communication style that builds environment of Trust.
* To develop the capability through formal training and coaching to staff to ensure they have appropriate skills for their current and future roles.
* To ensure that the performance of staff is effectively managed ensuring underperformance is managed and excellence is recognised.
* To realize maximum potential of staff through effective use of Appraisal process.
* Responsible for recruitment and management of Transport Co-ordinators, Customer Sales Co-ordinators, Customer Sales Administrators, Sales Executives and waste services drivers and operational staff.
* To promote a creative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture to empower staff to overcome business barriers and achieve any target set.
* To implement a rigorous systematic planning regime to ensure maximum efficiency is met per vehicle to optimise cost of service levels
* To engineer robust contingency plans for degrees of disaster recovery situations
* To implement and manage a rigorous service level achievement programme to achieve or exceed service level performances
* To source and negotiate and manage strategic 3rd party providers to service out of scope requirements.
To ensure activities within operations are carried out with the highest regard to Health and Safety and Wellbeing of all employees, customers and members of the public in accordance with legal, environmental and company policies
* Ensuring that staff are trained in line with their responsibilities and duties
* Ensure that vehicle are maintained and operated in accordance with legal requirements
* Ensure that site and route risk assessments are being completed
* To create, develop and promote a culture within the business that focuses on business efficiency and compliance with company policies and objectives.
* To ensure that accident and near miss investigation are carried out correctly, to ensure that all accident are monitored as part of performance management.
* To promote customer service focus in the staff's approach to their work
* To liaise with the General Manager in ways to enhance the customer experience and service provided.
* To proactively investigate all causes of service failures and take corrective action in term of staff performance and process amendments to ensure no repetition within operations .
New Business Development
* To promote staff sales lead schemes and incentives.
* To collaborate with colleagues to create cost effective operational solutions to commercial offerings
* To ensure smooth implementation of new business to ensure customer experience is positive
* Strong business development experience. Driven and enthusiastic.
* Strong commercial understanding of waste recycling.
* Be able to operate in a compliant manner in a challenging environment and have knowledge of relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Self-motivated as well as a good motivator
* Be proactive and constructive in problem solving and conflict management.
* Be approachable and professional.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Be open to and encourage change.
* IT literate
* Must possess excellent organisational skills, meeting deadlines, plan and prioritise workloads. The ability to reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes.
* Demonstrate understanding and works to exceed customer expectations.
* Fully compliant with laws and regulations.
* Ideally have national CPC in Road haulage, WAMITAB, NEBOSH or IOSH qualifications.
* Experience working within waste recycling transfer stations.
Please call Roxanne @ ASTUTE on 02392 222 965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Contract and Commercial Manager
East Sussex, England
car, pension, bonus
Technical Assessment Chemist - Hazardous Waste - Wendesbury
Wednesbury, West Midlands
£22000 - £25000 per annum
Site Chemist - Hazardous Waste - West Midlands - £25k to £26k
West Bromwich, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
Health and Safety Advisor
North London, London
Up to £38000.00 per annum
Vehicle and Plant Fitter
£12 - £16 per hour + Depending if PAYE or Ltd