|Job Title:||Commercial Analyst|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Pension|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Wharton|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2017 12:08|
Commercial Analyst - Leeds - Up to £30k (based on experience)
Astute are currently representing a Nationwide company within the waste sector. Collecting and recycling over 70,000 tonnes of hazardous waste for over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK.
They are looking to expand their team and would like to hear from experienced and motivated Commercial Analysts to join their head office in Leeds.
Due to the nature of their business this will be a wide and varied role, encompassing costings and pricing, assisting with the selection and implementation of new systems, processes and procedures, maintaining bonus schemes, and tracking our assets.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a desire and drive to find the underlying cause of issues and recommend and help implement solutions. You will need excellent IT skills, with an advanced knowledge of Excel and a willingness to learn new skills. You will need to be personable and comfortable liaising with colleagues at all levels.
- Producing reports and analyse data, both for ad-hoc and regular activities
- Understanding and managing a complex pricing structure
- Ensure agreed processes are followed
- Identifying areas of improvement delivering increased efficiencies and/or cost savings
- Review and maintenance of various bonus schemes
- Assisting with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of new systems and processes
- Assisting our Field Sales team understand the impact of their commercial proposals and are working within Group guidelines
- Assist with the setting up of new customer accounts effectively
- Be educated to degree level, possibly within a Mathematics or Numeracy discipline
- To be numerate as our pricing models can get complicated
- Advanced Excel skills are necessary (e.g. array formulas, pivot tables)
- The willingness to learn SQL if you don't know it already
- To be technically minded with a good understanding of databases
- A continuous improvement mentality
- To be a good communicator to be able to explain and 'sell' the process improvements you will be implementing
- A valid driving licence & own transport
- Being comfortable working with databases (MSSQL) and using SQL
- Experience of the waste industry or a production environment
- 30 days' holiday rising to 35 (including Bank Holidays)
- 3% pension contribution rising to 6%
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Friends and Family rates on our sales of white goods and IT
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the effectiveness of the Group
Please call Roxanne at Astute on 02392 222 965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Quality, Compliance and Risk - Rochester - £75K
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
Landfill Gas Manager - Sheffield - Up to £30k plus car
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Car and pension
Operations Manager - Waste Management - Berkshire
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Car & Bonus
Workshop Technician - St Albans - £15.50ph
St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Project Engineer / Manager - Landfill - Sheffield - £35k+
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Car & benefits