|Job Title:||Civils Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Greg Storey|
|Job Published:||August 8, 2018|
Civils Project Manager
Duration - 18 Months
Location - Angus area
Rates - Competitive
We are recruiting for a Civils Project Manager for a large Energy from Waste site in the Angus area. The Civils Project Manager will have overall responsibility for the Civils element of the project, be required to attend all the regular site meetings (chairing them if required to do so) and a reasonable number of other meetings required by the client. The Civils Project Manager will be required to coordinate and deploy all of our client's resources available to the Civils Project Manager. The Civils Project Manager may be required to represent the EPC on site to ensure that the EPC's obligations with regard to CDM, health and safety are satisfactorily discharged.
The Civils Project Manager duties and core skills will also include:
- Plan the works in collaboration with our client's planning engineers and in consultation with trade contractors and our client's EPC. client. Competence in the use of industry recognised programming software such as Asta PowerProject or similar would be useful.
- Be experienced in producing high quality reinforced cast in situ concrete structures both below and above ground
- Share responsibility with the Site Manager for carrying out site inductions if required. These are currently delivered by the EPC's H&S manager. The EPC have overall responsibility for H&S.
- Manage the compilation of QA/QC records and progress chase QA/QC information from Trade Contractors and suppliers
- Assemble the civils O&M manual information.
- Maintain high quality standards
- Maintain detailed site records for safety, technical and commercial purposes
- Produce monthly reports to the EPC.
- Chair monthly progress meetings with the Client and produce minutes
- Call and chair other meetings as necessary and produce minutes
- Liaise with the adjoining occupiers
- Be a team player, interacting with trades foremen as well as senior staff and the Client.
- Be computer proficient in email, word, excel, PowerPoint and the like
- Be familiar with, and have experience of temporary works management
- Hold SMSTS site management qualifications, CSCS qualification and a First Aid certificate for the duration of the project. A temporary works coordinator (TWC) qualification is also required and our client will fund suitable courses and expenses in order that the civils project manager can gain TWC certification
If you're interested in this role then contact Greg Storey on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02392 222 966
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.