Civil Lead Design Engineer - Water - Sussex
|Job Title:||Civil Lead Design Engineer - Water - Sussex|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000.00 per annum + full benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2016 11:13|
This exciting opportunity will find you leading the design process on a range of Water related projects as part of the Southern Alliance.
Preference is to appoint on a permanent basis but contractors will also be considered providing they match the criteria provided.
In this role your details will include:
- Ensure designs are completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
- Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements of the programme's systems and governance procedures
- Produce design solutions which are cost-effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively
- Establish collaborative working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote build ability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
- Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilized wherever possible
- Agree the design budget, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
- Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximize cost efficiency
- Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Project Manager
- Organize the work required and document it in the Project Management Plan
- Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
- Coordinate design outputs across all technical disciplines
- Prepare monthly project status reports
To be consider for this role it is essential that you have a Civil Engineering discipline and are ideally Chartered or working towards this.
You must be able to demonstrate experience of technical project delivery in a design-build environment and have worked in the Water / Wastewater Treatment sector
Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams is essential as is the aility to set targets, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
Equally you must be familiar with UK design practices and be eligable to work here in the UK itself as sponsership cannot be offered.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Civil Clean Water Engineer
£13.00 - £14.00 per hour
Electrical Clean Water Engineer
Henfield, West Sussex
£13.00 - £14.00 per hour
Clean Water Project Manager
£30.00 per hour
Civil Site Manager
Worthing, West Sussex
Service Engineer Hull
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£26000.00 per annum + car pension