|Job Title:||Civil Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Over|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2017 16:49|
9 Month Contract with a possible extension
*3 Day Working Week*
Our Client is a large engineering company who are looking for a Civil Engineer to work on a new build Energy from Waste project in South West London. The Civil Engineer will be working for the Client on the construction of a new Gasification project and will be responsible for overseeing the Civil Construction in accordance to the design specification.
As Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for managing the EPC and Subcontractors ensuring that the Project's Civil, Structural and Architectural construction and snag lists are completed on time.
Experience of large scale construction projects within the power industry would be desirable however the key element would be experience of working on large-scale construction projects of around £5-£10million as a minimum.
Reporting to the Project Director the Civil Engineer will be responsible for:
- Reading and understanding blueprints and quality control specifications
- Reviewing EPC Contractor CSA drawings and specifications - checking compliance with owner specifications
- Monitor, supervise and inspect all civil works to ensure that materials used and executed works are in compliance with construction project requirements
- Liaising with Specialist Engineer when required
- Respond/Prepare RFIs (Request for Information) from/to EPC Contractor
- QC checks of on-site works (civils, architecture details, buildings services)
- Writing QA/QC Civil Engineer reports for the construction project
- Establishing and maintaining outstanding works, defects and snagging schedules
- Attending Site/QC meetings and preparing minutes
- Checking site progress against issued programmes
- Completing a daily site log
We are looking for Civil Engineers with an appreciation of the design principles but with direct experience of the construction phase of projects.
This role is being advertised as a 3-day working week, however as the project draws to a close, there may be a requirement for the successful candidate to work additional days.
If you are interested in finding out more you can call Samantha on 02393 910026 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - CHP
West End, London
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum
Planning Engineer - CHP Power Station
Electrical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station
£55000.00 per annum
Maintenance Engineer - New Build Energy from Waste
£40000 - £50000.00 per annum