Civil Discipline Head
|Job Title:||Civil Discipline Head|
|Contact Name:||Mark Smith|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2016 08:54|
Civil Discipline Head (Anglian Water)
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
My client is looking to strengthen their Design Team within their Anglian Water Framework with a Civil Discipline Lead. You will be responsible and accountable for the technical excellence and quality of the design deliverables developed by the Alliance technical delivery teams within in specific discipline area. You will report directly to the Programme Area Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
- Work with the other Discipline Heads and the PADM to develop and communicate systems of work that define rigorous checking, approval and change processes to ensure design quality, consistency and repeatability.
- Champion excellence in Health and Safety in design. Ensure that all Discipline Engineers have sufficient knowledge and skills to produce safe designs and discharge their obligations according to the CDM Regulations.
- Ensure that risks are identified and managed and, that residual risks are communicated via drawings, Health and Safety Plan and Health and Safety File. Assist with the development of tools that raise the awareness and efficacy of Health and Safety management.
- Provide discipline-specific technical leadership for a team of Discipline Engineers, understanding the capabilities and limitations of individuals - allocate work appropriately. .Set clear standards and expectations - provide feedback to individuals about performance. Instigate both formal and informal development programmes to enable all Engineers to contribute to their full potential, engaging with home partner development programmes where possible and monitoring progress
- Chair regular discipline meetings to promote team engagement and cascade topical information and Alliance initiatives.
- Working in conjunction with PADMs, TDMs and PMs allocate appropriate project design resources to the delivery teams.
- Ensure that all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards and specifications. Ensure that the requirements of Minimum Asset Standards (MAS) are understood and adhered to. Engage with the MAS team to challenge and develop MAS and drive design consistency.
- Promote the use of Products within the delivery teams and engage with the Product Development Manager to identify and sponsor new products and identify resource requirements.
- Continuously strive to improve ways of working and promote innovation. Identify opportunities that may facilitate cost savings, carbon reductions or other efficiencies to the PADM/PAM.
- Embrace the concept of challenge and coordinate with TDMs to provide appropriate challenge to the R&V process.
- In conjunction with the PADMs and PMs explore opportunities for efficient out-sourcing and off-shoring to expand our technical capability, improve design efficiency and manage peaks in workload
- Ensure that the same procedural rigour is applied to technical deliverables generated by external offices and the supply chain as is expected from the Alliance teams, to produce quality deliverables.
- Communicate effectively at all relevant levels to ensure that the need to deliver technical excellence is understood and implemented. Escalate issues that may impact on time/cost/quality to the PADM before they become problems. Similarly, communicate successes and individual achievements to ensure appropriate credit is given and best practice is shared.
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
Qualifications Person Specification
- Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
- Have experience of controlling members of staff in designing Civil aspects of water and sewage treatment plants
- Civil Engineering degree (preferably chartered)
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, then please call Mark Smith on 02392 221 600 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's